Hi everyone, I’m Vivek, one of this forum’s two founders, and I’m currently based in India.
For ten years, I served in the Indian Military. The Army teaches you many things, but one lesson stayed with me more than any other: when the going gets hard, the body you have looked after is the one thing you can count on. Rank, plans and possessions don’t carry you up a mountain at 4 a.m. Your health does!
After retiring, I asked myself what I could build that would truly add value to people’s lives. I kept coming back to the same answer.
Health is the one companion that walks with us all the way to the end. Money comes and goes. Careers end. Even the people we love most will, at some point, have to let go of our hand. Our health is the only thing that stays with us from the first day to the last and yet most of us only start paying attention to it once it begins to slip.
I started Wellness Science Forum to change that, in a small way and for as many people as possible. I wanted a place where the people who actually study health (researchers, clinicians, chemists, nutritionists and coaches) sit at the same table as everyday people who simply want to live better and where everyone talks honestly about what the evidence says.